Sunday, December 28, 2014

We made it to Christmas Break! Phew!

I am so glad to be on break for two entire weeks!!! I need the R & R for sure! Here is how I closed up the classroom before we left for vacation....
Gifts:
I found this cute little number on Pinterest. Seriously, I love that place for great ideas. I made these for all of the aides and special teachers that interact with my son in our building.
I couldn't forget my own little kinder darlings. They each got a special book with candy cane to take home. 
Craftivity:
I loved how these came out! I don't like when we return from the holiday break and Christmas stuff is still hanging up. I am one of those people that takes the tree down as soon as we have cleaned up all of the wrappings from Christmas day. So needless to say, I am the exact same way in the classroom. LOL! We winterized our writing wall and decorations. These snow globes are hanging on our wall!
These little numbers were taken down and sent home but the kids had a great time with them! We made 




Writing:
Writing is a huge component in our classroom and the kiddos rely on our writing station from morning until afternoon. I try to switch it up as much as possible. We do a daily write the room with thematic words that are also posted on our station wall. When I am ready to set up a new unit, I pass out the cards to the kids. They try to write a sentence with that word before posting it somewhere in the classroom for their peers to find.  I love the excitement I hear when I tell them it is time to do a switcheroo!



 We all have at least one friend in the class that is a spectacular writer. I just adore this guy's writing. He does such a super job that it is difficult for me at times to keep him challenged in this area! He did make me laugh when he asked why I don't put ALL of his papers on our wall of fame =)


Getting things ready to share with my kiddos in the New Year! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, whew! I love all the writing going on in your classroom, great job! Happy New Year, Paula

    ReplyDelete