Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Where is the summer going?

I can't believe we are in the middle of July! Where has the time gone? Oh yeah....it's been packing boxes and moving them to a storage unit. We have to be out of our house in one week and the storage facility is running out of room. I think the last 10 % of this house is going to take 90% of the time. The garage is going to be the worst. Yesterday was a really bad day. I was packing my third bundle in the truck when I chipped my tooth and then got pulled over on the way to the unit. Ahhhh! Luckily it was the sweet officer that works with the kiddos in my son's school and he gave me a friendly reminder not to coast down hills. Phew!  Do you think I could stuff anymore in here? LOL!


Not only have I had the pleasure of packing and more packing but I have gotten rid of about 10 years of junk that has been collecting in this house. I have had about 15 bags of garbage every time along with many other goodies =) For the second week, I have helped the scrappies on garbage day. Unfortunately, the garbage men were not too happy with me as I received this note attached to the garbage can....OOPS!

I'm happy to say that today was MUCH better. I was able to make three more UNEVENTFUL trips (yeah), tooth fixed without any pain at the dentist, and received awesome feedback from a teacher who is using something I made in her home country....Chile!! Wow! I was completely psyched!


I have been reading everyones blogs about their trips to Vegas and wish I could've been there. It sounds like a once in a lifetime event. I certainly hope that I can go next year to make connections and learn more about TpT and blogging. Fingers crossed =) I am so thankful for those that have shared their experiences and all that they learned while they were there!

When I am not packing, I have been working on getting my lesson plan template just the way I want it. My district will be switching to full time Kindergarten this year for the very first time and will have a new teaching partner. I have to be super organized in all domains of my life so this template has to be just right to help me utilize every minute of my day! I'm sure it will be a 'work in progress' until close to August.


I also just finished "The Book Whisperer" and thought it was an amazing book. Even though it was geared towards higher learners, I think I can take some pointers and adapt them to my little kinders. I just downloaded the next book in the series and hope that I can get some more insight in that one as well.

Many of the bloggers that I follow have decided to throw a 'Christmas in July' sale in their shops. So, I am jumping on the bandwagon and offering 20% off to help you get ready for school.



Hope you are having a great week!
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog on the Five for Friday linky. It is really cute! I am a new follower. :)
    Miss King's Enchanted Kingdom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Your blog is awesome too! Where are you in Ohio?

    ReplyDelete