Friday, November 21, 2014

Five for Friday Linky Party: November 21st

I am so thankful the weekend is here and it will be a short couple of days next week! Then it will be December...but who is counting ;-)?
My art teacher is fabulous! She decorates our building in the best projects and has new ones every year. As we are getting read for the holiday season, you will find many characters dressed in their holiday garb. 


We wanted to get our own room ready as well and made our writing station a little festive. The kids made reindeer out of their feet and hands but then some Christmas bulbs with tissue paper. It was the first place they went to during our stations the next day!
I was so tickled with our pilgrims this week. They came out so cute! We read "The First Thanksgiving" and discuss the long journey of the pilgrims. The kids then did some writing related to the Mayflower. If they had to choose only one thing they could bring with them, what would it be? Some responses were very logical and others were as I expected =)

It has been freeeeeeezzzzing in Ohio. When the temps get super low, my classroom is an ice box. We came into a 62 degree room that only reached 66 by the end of the day. My son likes to ham it up in the morning in my room before he departs to Third Grade. We went and saw "Big Hero 6" this weekend. Awesome movie!!!


Personally, I have had a very challenging week and I am so glad that it is almost over. I was barely able to get this post done but I hate to miss this Linky Party! My husband was out of town all week on business and a lot of personal things happened in his absence. I had my middle son throwing up as we were walking out of the door to leave for school, my laptop broke, and I am getting ready for a dental appt for an infected tooth. I absolutely hate the dentist but the darn thing in throbbing! Wish me luck. EEEEKKK!


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a week. Hope you are able to relax and enjoy your weekend!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, tough week. I hope your dentist appointment helped to solve the problem. I did a similar Pilgrim activity with my 3rd graders. Three of them insisted that they would have to bring one of their stuffed animals. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete