Friday, November 7, 2014

Five for Friday: November 7th Linky Party


I created these high frequency books to help build fluency with my kiddos. I am covering the words that we are studying in our McGraw-Hill Reading Wonders program. It was so exciting to hear them reading so well and to watch their excitement in doing it! They are differentiated to meet the needs of everyone too!




I am also relieved that I finished my Turkey Unit just in time for November. I did a lot of research on this animal and found out TONS of information that I never knew. I made a info sheet so that I can recall it all plus informational text activities for my kiddos. I also put together some extension activities to go along with my favorite fiction turkey books. I love the Fall!





 
Our house finally got some color to it this week! It's starting to feel like a home and I love the excitement in the kids every time we go visit. It will be a thrill once we can move in and start making memories <3


It was time to take down our pumpkin glyphs to get ready for Thanksgiving! I think I am starting to see a theme in this post today =) As you can tell, I love glyphs as it really helps me to learn more about my students. Plus, they are great tools in strengthening those fine motor skills =)



We celebrated Veteran's Day this morning with an assembly. The kids learn lots of patriotic songs with our music teacher and present it to parents and grandparents that are veterans. They are recognized in front of the school. As a grand finale, the fifth graders unroll the flag they made in art class. It is always so special!

Have a wonderful weekend!!


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it fun to get a new home! Our house is well over 100 years old, though we've done so many major renovations and additions that I know the thrill of NEW! Congrats and enjoy. May you have a lifetime of happy memories in it. Your turkey glyph is cute too. Nice to have found you. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete