Friday, June 12, 2015

Five for Friday from Boston!

I tried to do my post last Friday when we were visiting Boston but I only had my iPad. I didn't know that it would not let me use my photos to create my post. It was so frustrating but I'm back this week to share so much with you!!

I snuck away for the first time in five years to have a weekend with my husband by ourselves in Boston.  The alone time was much needed! We get so caught up in life and our boys that we don't cherish how it all began. It was only two days but we crammed every possible minute into that weekend. LOL! We visited Cape Cod and all of its surroundings on the first day and Boston the second. I am showing you my Argus app which tracked all of our steps on that particular day. We walked 19 miles!!! I don't know why I didn't think about the day ahead when I got up and ran six in the morning because I was exhausted walking back to the hotel at 10:30 pm. It was worth it! I completely loved Boston!!





We quickly began our summer boot camp at home. My lil guy needs to get some serious work down on those letters! I make sure the older ones are working too and much needed outdoor time.





Well, I couldn't have a post without mentioning our winning team in Cleveland! FINALLY, we have a team to cheer for that is doing so well. We are psyched! The late night games are a killer because you are too excited to go to bed afterward!




Ahhh...I have to admit, I am horrible about making meals during the school week. We are so busy with homework and traveling soccer that it gets so hectic. The summertime lets me read cooking blogs (my all time favorite is Six Sisters!) and try new things. This week, I made homemade pizza, pork tenderloin, and chicken cordon bleus...love eating them but not making them. There is so much prep into them which is why I make like eight at a time. LOL! Too bad my husband doesn't like leftovers though. Instead, my parents enjoy any extras =)

Our school reading theme next year has to do with superheroes. I scoured TpT looking for any clipart that I possibly can to create everything I need in my room from locker assignments, nameplates, lunch orders, alphabet, and more. Here is my preview.....


We are off to go play some tennis. I love our new development as it has a pool and courts to keep us plenty busy. 
OK...I know they don't all match but it's not a battle worth fighting in the morning =) It bothers my husband so I send him the picks in black and white. LOL! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, your trip to Boston looked like it was a great time. I've always wanted to go there, it is definitely on our bucket list. I love all the creative ideas you have for practicing letters this summer! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Boston, but it is high on my list of places I want to visit. Have a great weekend!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete