Friday, October 23, 2015

Five for Friday: A FREEBIE to celebrate Friday! Woot woot!


I'm still working so hard on the noise level in my room. They don't seem to think it's at all important that I am talking sometimes...until they don't know what they are supposed to do. LOL!

We started to touch on pumpkins which we will begin studying next week. I noticed after doing some literacy assessments that my kiddos had some difficulty with recall. I created a sequence activity for them to do after reading this story. They did much better this time around...phew! I attached the pages  if you would like to try it in your class too!



My hubby left last weekend for a work project so I have been flying solo. I'm used to doing before and after school with the kids by myself but I worry when he's gone that something will go wrong...it usually does. The worst week ever to date was when my dad found out he had some health related issues on a Monday, my son got the flu on Tuesday/Wednesday, I woke up with an abscess tooth on Thursday with a root canal on a Friday. That week will for sure go down in the record books. This week, though, went really well and the kids were great! I will admit that we were all zonked out by 9 at night though. I have a hard time waiting up to put them to bed. LOL! We took some Fall pics around our neighborhood with the weather being so nice for late October. Love my boys!







   
I got this book in my last Scholastic order they sent me and it was cute! We noticed how all of the pumpkins had their own characteristics and talked about adjectives. I gave the kids a bunch of construction paper and let their little imaginations go to town. They need all of the fine motor development they can get.


I don't know about you but our conferences are right around the corner....along with a bunch of other things like Halloween parties and OTES. I had a conference pack in my shop that needed a major facelift. I recently achieved a TpT milestone and put this pack up for free (THIS WEEK ONLY) to help celebrate. Woot Woot! Grab it before it goes back to its regular price next week.





I am so pumped! We saw this shirt on an old friend while seeing her Facebook page last week and I had to get one! I am a huge Ohio State fan and our school is celebrating SuperHeroes in our reading program! #WIN!!! I can't wait to get it!


Have a great weekend!

1 comment: