Friday, April 8, 2016

Five for Friday Fun!

LOL! We have had a cold couple of weeks here recently. I am ready for Spring to arrive and stick around for good!


We started our plant unit this week. I don't have a green thumb to save my life but some of my favorite books are about plants and flowers. One of my all time favorites is "Tops and Bottoms". We used that book all week in making story connections, opinion writing, story sequencing, and more. Our anchor chart and book shelf looked great to help guide our discoveries!









I love this summer time salsa! I have not made it since the beginning of the school year and thought I'd whip a batch up in hopes of bringing some warmer weather. No such luck but it still was yummy! You chop your favorite fruit (mine has strawberries, kiwi, peaches, raspberries, and apples), sprinkle some sugar and add a heaping tablespoon of strawberry preserves to mix all together. I throw it in the refrigerator to chill while I make cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. Spray each side of a tortilla with spray butter, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and cut into eighths. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Let them cool and then dip into the fruit. It is delicious!

                                                                 
We are in the final countdown of the school year. I can hardly believe it! I passed out 37 strips of paper to the kiddos and had them write one sentence on each strip regarding something they are excited to do in First Grade. Each day, we take one down and read the sentence. The kids were so excited!

I made these plant activities for the kids to practice their high frequency words and learn the parts of a plant. They have gotten much better at doing these as the year has gone on. So proud of their accomplishments! 



I loved these flowers they made to strengthen their fine motor skills. They traced and cut out their handprints in the various colors to form their flowers and then added the labels to them.  So cute!


It was a very busy plant filled week! Have a wonderful weekend!


1 comment: