Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Weekend Warrior!

I am linking up with DeeDee Wills with a Peek at My Week! I finished my lesson plans for the week and have started a Constitution pack to get my kiddos ready to celebrate the birthday of the constitution on September 17th. Lots of things going on!

This week, I hope to get the kids in more of a routine so that I can get ready to add stations in the near future. I really feel that my classroom management is firmly in place with my Class DOJO (which rocks by the way) and I even made owls on the floor for them to stand on in ABC order when we line up. It was great! There was no touching or pushing where my kiddos wanted to stand. Who would have thought in my sixteenth year that I waited so long to do this? LOL!
As I work on this Unit, I am really thinking of the target areas that I need to work on with my class. I typically get kinders that know most of their alphabet when school begins. I am not sure if they are just acclimating themselves to school or if we really need to work on deciphering upper and lowercase letters as well as identification. I have to administer the KRA (Kindergarten Readiness Assessment) that the state is just rolling out in the coming weeks so I will get a better picture of the needs in my room.

Enjoy your Labor Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment