Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday with Doodlebugs!

The countdown continues...two more weeks from today and then it is back to school. I have already been in my classroom to open it up and took my little 'helpers' to join me.  Here are pictures from my week.....


It's always a little daunting to walk into that empty classroom that has been bare for two months....where to begin? I always start with one thing but then get easily side tracked to other things in the room as I'm working. LOL!


I knew that the first thing I had to do was to put my kiddos to work or else I wouldn't get anything done =)  I love them to bits but the OCD in me wants to paint it myself. I think I will keep the spotted product to remind me of my little loves =)


You know you are a primary teacher when you love the fresh scent of new school supplies. I'm sure it will be no time at all until I hear that caps are missing, scissors are missing, crayons are broken...LOL! I usually have the kids maintain their own supplies in their tool boxes but found the community supplies to be much easier last year.
My next task will be making a behavior chart. This is another topic that I wrestle with every year. I really believe that students should want to come to school to learn and should behave accordingly. For this reason, I have not implemented a system and really have had no issues. However, I felt last year that my kiddos might have benefited from such a thing as they were a talkative bunch. I want something that is low maintenance but yet promotes positive choices. So, I will try this out!

A little fun for the week...our first baseball game of the season. Better late than never =)

 Join in the fun as TpT celebrates going back to school with a sale! You will enjoy a savings from me as everything will be 20% off in my store as well as from TpT. It's a great time to stock up on those items you need to start the year or items you have had on your wish list!

Have a fantastic weekend!!!


2 comments:

  1. Your room is huge! It is so nice that your kids can help. My daughter is 1, so I get absolutely nothing done when she goes in with me. Have a great weekend!

    Adrienne
    Having Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something totally daunting yet liberating about walking into your classroom after summer break! I totally know the feeling. Your kiddos are precious! Hope they were a big help :)

    -Liz
    TheHappyTeacher

    ReplyDelete