Friday, February 13, 2015

Five for Friday with a FREEBIE!

Happy Friday!!!!! :):):)  WISH TODAY WAS FRIDAY- I COULDN'T RESIST.  LOL
Phew! It's been a long week so I am thrilled that the weekend is here and it is a three day one too. Woot woot! Here was our week in pictures....

If you missed my post earlier in the week, you might want to check out my conversation freebie. There were some fun and engaging activities for your kiddos with the use of conversation hearts.  You could still use it next week or save it for next year =)



If you are still in need of some Patriotic and Presidency lessons, please check out my Patriotism pack loaded with lots of informative info for your young learners! Learn about George, Abe, and american symbols!




So, I couldn't take it anymore. This cold and snow is driving me wild. I was thinking that if I took my snowman door down then maybe Spring would come sooner. I prepped the kids for our month of March where we will celebrate Dr. Seuss and Read Across America.The kiddos designed their own  balloons and then I attached their pictures to make it look like they were going places. Next on my docket will be taking my writing wall down and putting up spring words! 


I can't believe we have hit our conference time again. I feel like we just had them but Spring conferences mean we will soon be reaching the home stretch! We are required to meet with everyone in the Fall just to tell them how their child is adjusting in their academic and social environment. This one is easy and hard. It is easier because I only have one night of meetings but more challenging because you know that they are for the kiddos that are struggling one way or another. Do you conference two times a year as well?

I send a newsletter home every week. I don't know if that is common or not but I always feel that the kids probably don't do our week justice when talking with their parents.  I keep a notecard on my desk to take notes throughout the week of everything we covered and then I color code it so I put it in the appropriate places in my newsletter. Sometimes, I don't think the families read them but I will have at least one person email me if they can't find it in their child's folder. 
I tried a new writing prompt this week. I have seen it in older grades so I was wondering how my kinders would do with it. They LOVED it! I made a writing prompt paper and then went around handing out stickers. We generated some ideas about things we could write about (describing object with color/size, likes/dislikes, etc). We will try to do this once a week as it was a thrill to see them so engaged in their writing!



Have a wonderful weekend!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,
    I remember sticker stories! At least that's what we used to call them... So fun! I taught firsties back when I used them. Good for you, sending a newsletter every week. I did that early on in my career but then switched to monthly newsletters. Enjoy your long weekend!
    Joya :)

    ReplyDelete