Friday, March 27, 2015

Five for Friday: Spring Break is here!!!

Yes, oh yes, it has finally arrived... SPRING BREAK!!! So excited! Before my mind goes on relaxation mode, here was our week in pics....


I had to get the room prepped for our Spring arrival. We made these cute umbrellas using our wallpaper books and added raindrops with things that we love about Spring. I decorated one wall in our room with all of them. They came out great!




I have to say that we all love our sticker writing. Sometimes, I let them choose their stickers but I passed them out this time. I love when they get super excited and ask if they can add details to their backgrounds after they finish their writing. I must find some fun stickers over break for more writing prompts when we return.





It was time to finish up with Dr. Seuss this month. We were talking about oviparous animals this week which was a good intro to "Yertle the Turtle". The kids created their turtles using tissue paper and paper plates. We then did a writing piece of how we would rule as kings unlike the turtle in the story. 



This was a very busy week at our school. Our awesome art teacher has a special show every year and the theme was "Dr. Seuss" this year. Every nook and cranny is adorned with something special the kids made in grades K-5. We are very lucky to have her talent and to share them with our kiddos!
We also had Mother-Son Fun Night at a local gym. Lots of activities and food set up for the boys and their mamas. I wasn't feeling hot over the weekend but my lil guy wanted to go so badly. I'm glad to have these special moments and keepsakes =)



In ending our week, we read some Easter and bunny stories. I absolutely love "Bently and Egg". If you have never read it, you must! The kids did a writing prompt if they were an Easter Bunny and constructed their own animal to add some fun to their assignment. I am pleased with their writing progress. My favorite time of the year!

        


Have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy the time off if it is your Spring Break too!


4 comments:

  1. Love the umbrellas and bunnies! We have been on break this week, but when we return next week we will be beginning a week of spring and Easter fun! Have a great break!

    Miss Law's Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are writing so well! Their handwriting looks great and it seems like they really use those self-check boxes at the bottom of the page. Perhaps I need to try that out with my 2nd graders!!

    Mindy at:
    Thomas' Teachable Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Bentley and Egg - such a sweet story.
    The first umbrella looked good, but the whole wall display is terribly cute.
    Thanks for sharing your 5 this week.
    Sandra
    Sandra's Savvy Teaching Tips

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the umbrellas! Great idea. We keep talking about spring and talking about spring and the weather won't cooperate. Maybe I'll prep this and get it out when we get a true spring day. Thanks. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete