Friday, September 23, 2016

Five for Friday: Applemania!


Ha! This is so my class. I always have to say that a question needs an answer even before they start. LOL!


We continued with our apple investigations. We learned all kinds of scientific terms including hypothesis, non standard units, observations, estimations, and using data to help make educated guesses. We measured our apples using links, counted the seeds inside, noted the color, and how well it floated. The kids had a blast!


                                    
You can grab all of these activities in my apple unit!

                                                                   
Many of our station activities in the afternoon involved apples. These two were a big hit and I loved being able to hear across the room the phonetic sounds they were making as they tried to sound out their CVC words.


These are more activities from my apple unit. We talked about making words that fit into their shapes as they labeled their parts of the apple. I think they enjoyed making the interactive flip books to show the sequence of growth from a seed to an apple tree too!


We are still in the preliminary stages of writing in my room. I have one or two kids that really get it but most are still making illustrations and labeling. We used chart paper to show what they need to be doing as they write everyday in their journals. 

It has been a struggle to get my little guy to go to school with a smile since he has started his Transitional Kindergarten class. Finally, this week, he went EVERYDAY with a grin and a blow of a kiss. Each day we hear a little bit more about what he is doing too. One day, he started belting out the pledge of allegiance and then his school song. I'm so happy that he loves it! It makes my heart happy!!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment