Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Five for Friday: May 8th Linky Party

 
  
This video made me laugh so hard and I could really appreciate the message in it. I thought I would post this in honor of Mother's Day this weekend. I hope it puts a smile on your face too =)
 SEAN HAYES

Into the ocean we went with our poetry unit.  We also read "There was an old lady who swallowed the sea" and "The story of fish & snail" before making our underwater portraits. Kids then wrote about how they would feel in the ocean.






We finally made it to the school walk-a-thon. The kids made these capes this week with our district logo. They each brought in an adult undershirt so we could spongepaint on a stencil and then cut them apart to be a cape. My teaching partner also got masks for them to wear as a surprise. I will post pics of the big event next week. The school raised over $14,000 in donations!




This was our Mother's Day craftivity. The kiddos used their fingerprints as the M&Ms and then we added a little writing prompt with a message for their moms. 




I am loving this weather!!I always tell my kids that it was the longest winter ever as soon as spring arrives. LOL! We have an awesome reservation by us where we can hike, walk, swim, etc. I think my husband snapped this first shot because you rarely ever see me sitting down. LOL! I can't wait to spend the summer days with my boys and do this often!



Have a fabulous weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love the Mother's day craft and the underwater portraits! Adorable! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete