Friday, May 22, 2015

Five for Friday: This is it!!

I can hardly believe that this is the very last Friday of the school year. I am so excited to be spending some time quality time with my boys this summer. I also signed up for a course that I will be doing but I am hoping that I find it enjoyable. Here is how we ended our last full week of school =)


If you read my post last week, I showed you the first self-portrait compared to our current pictures. I did the same thing this week with their writing samples. I know the kids have made huge strides this year but I always love to see it at the end. I like the parents to understand the progress that has been made too. 





We also wrote letters to our first grade teachers in anticipation of next year! I read this on Miss DeCarbo's blog and thought my kinders could do the same thing. They came out great!!



I have such a funny story to share that all of my kinder teachers will enjoy.....My lil guy wanted to pack his own lunch with his big brothers the other day. He then asked my husband to write his name on the bag so he could take it to the sitter's house the next morning. My hubby wrote his name in all caps which then prompted my three year old to roll his eyes and throw his hands down in complete frustration! He made sure to tell Daddy that the letters were all wrong! He then took a piece of chalk and showed him how it is done. I loved it! Already using proper upper and lowercase letters in his name =)


At this point in the year, we are all scrambling to finish up. I gave the kiddos our wall paper book to make some decorative flip flops with in helping to add some detail to our writing prompt.



Part of the curriculum in Third Grade is learning the history of your community. Kyle's entire grade made a wax museum and he was the tour guide. It was darling! They made all parts of the town from the 1800-1900s with lots and lots of boxes. When parents came through the museum, they would tap the child and he/she would tell about their history. Very cute!


So excited to be running in the color vibe this weekend with a group of girl friends. We did it last year for the very first time and had a blast! Looking forward to some fun girl time =)


 



Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your son's correction of daddy on the writing of his name! I had a student correct me on the first day of school that I had written his name wrong because it was not in all caps. I explained that in kindergarten this is the way we write it. He said that is not how mommy does it so I am wrong.

    Have a great weekend!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete