Friday, May 15, 2015

Five for Friday: One more Friday to go!!!

 
So this is my favorite activity of the Kindergarten year as I love to see the growth they have made in their fine motor skills! On the first day of Orientation, the kiddos have to draw me a self-portrait so that I can study them for the first day of school =) I keep these in a special folder tucked away until we use them in the last weeks of school in making their final portrait. I laminate them after they do a writing activity on the back about their year in Kindergarten (friends, special classes, likes, etc.). I think they are a wonderful keepsake!






I was so excited that our school supplies arrived because my new bookshelf came. Woot woot! I am always piling my books up on a table that get buried under everything else so I'm thrilled I can put the thematic ones on display =)


I absolutely loved this cartoon as it hit the nail on the head! I feel like I can barely tread water in August/September but am swimming in October. Heck , by January, I am golden! I definitely treasure April and May when it all comes together and you hear those sentences being read fluently. I love Kindergarten for that very reason.....it is the foundation of all things! You are teaching/reviewing the letters, developing sounds, reading words, and putting them into sentences. Everything they need to have in their educational careers =)

We made our lil graduates and I have to admit that I think I am going to keep them! The kids did such a great job that I want to have them on a bulletin board welcoming our new kinders in August.  I had them tell one thing they were proud of accomplishing this year. I liked the last one because you hope there is fun along the learning path too!
 
 




We have hit the last few weeks of school which means there are hardly any supplies left in the building...including tissues. I usually have the kids use a tissue when they use the dry erase boards. I found a bag of pom poms in my cabinet so I hot glued them to the markers for easy erasing. I don't know how long they will last but it was worth a try. We were working on fix it up sentences in preparation of our writing =)


Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the self-portrait activity. What a fun way to see how the students progressed. It is also good for them to see as well. I am going to have to do something like this for my first graders next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so exciting to see the progress from beginning to end? Love it!!

    ReplyDelete