Friday, September 5, 2014

Five for Friday: Class Dojo & Constitution Day!


I can say that I am absolutely loving Class Dojo! We have been using it for a couple of weeks now and it really has transformed my room. Now that the kids understand the concept of it, we decided to make our point system to use as an incentive tool. As a class, we came up with the rewards that interested them the most. They were so excited with the girls even squealing at the suggestions. It was a lot of fun! I then made their avatars with their names and posted them on the wall. I have little stickers in the increments of ten to show where the kids are individually on the point system. Every time they reach ten, they will add a ten button.
I finally finished my Constitution pack that I have been diligently working on for the past two weeks. There are lots of goodies to use for your young learners that use informational text to teach about the day. I have also included vocabulary, writing, math exercises, and much more. Check it out!

We have gotten our writing going and some are getting it while others are not. Our high frequency words this week are 'I' and 'can' which is why we begin with this starter =)

 So sad to see the summer come to an end....especially the pool time. I wish they didn't close at Labor Day but waited for the cool weather to arrive. Until next summer.....




I am looking for some fun ideas and lessons for Social Studies/Science this week. I was able to finish all of my lesson preparation for the next idea but will be searching blogs and pinterest this weekend for some fresh activities. Always looking for new lessons from year to year!

Have a great weekend!






3 comments:

  1. The class Dojo system sounds cool! I heard about it once from a coworker, but never tried it out. I like adding the incentives to the point system-- thanks for the tip!

    -Christa
    Learnin' Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dojo looks and sounds great. Planning takes up so much of our time - yours looks great
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought your Constitution Day packet for my kindergarteners. There are many activities I think they will be able to do during stations. Thank-you! I'm off to e-mail my teammates to see if they want to check it out too (I'm hopeful!)!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete